Now that we are officially in the Holiday Season and online shopping and web browsing is at its highest, it is wise to be aware of cyber threats. We are shining lights on Dark Web. As the name implies, Dark Web is part of the Internet that is not indexed, i.e. not searchable by the average browser (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.), which is a perfect hotbed for criminal activities! Have you ever wondered if your digital credentials and Personally Identifiable Information (PII) are for sale on the Dark Web? You will be surprised to know that more than 90% of the Internet is on the Dark Web and only 10% is on what is called as Surface Web. Now that I got your attention, let me explain what you can do to minimize your risks:
- First and foremost, find out if any of your data already exists on the Dark Web – We can show you how!
- NEVER use the same password on different websites
- Use Two Factor Authentication (2FA) on any application and/or website that offers it
- Get to the habit of changing your password on set intervals – Every 90 days at the most
- Use Password Management Tools to properly manage all your password
- Do not Open Emails from unknown sources. Delete them permanently by pressing Shift-Delete
- Do not click on Links inside Emails from unknown sources
- Do not send sensitive data by Email, ever
- Do not use Public/Open WIFI. If you have to, use a VPN
- Do not ever click on any pop up that comes up on your screen. Notify your manager or your IT company
In reality, most companies do not have the means, time and resources to do all these and that’s when an IT security Company can come to help. Let us search your organization’s data on the Dark Web at NO COST to you and let you know if any of your data have been compromised. We will put in a place a monitoring system that monitors all the Dark Web’s activities related to your organization on a 24x7x365 days basis. You will have a daily report on the status of your company.
We are eager to assist companies protect their and their customer’s data. Give us a call to find out how affordable and easy it is to get the peace of mind you deserve. Contact us at 818-501-2281 or email us at email@example.com
About Us: CEO Computers is a Los Angeles IT Support & Cloud Solutions company. For over 31 years, CEO has assisted many small businesses located in the Los Angeles area in various industries to implement compliance policies, to secure their network and protect their data.
We serve Los Angeles, CA or any of the surrounding areas such as, Arcadia, CA, Burbank, CA, Chatsworth, CA, Culver City, CA, Downtown LA, Encino, CA, Glendale, CA, Hollywood, CA, Los Angeles, CA, North Hollywood, CA, Pasadena, CA, San Fernando, CA, Santa Monica, CA Sherman Oaks, CA Tarzana, CA Universal City, CA, Van Nuys, CA, West LA, Woodland Hills, CA and more.